Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How can I start my own Residential design business straight out of college?

I'm in college for architectural drafting and I would like to start my own residential design business, as soon as I can. any tips on how I can start it off without having plotters and a blueprint machine. I got the table the tools the paper the brains but I just can't afford a $5000 worth of machines not counting the $3500 programs I need to start off with the computers. Any tips.

How can I start my own Residential design business straight out of college?
Let your first client pay for it. Really, a lot of big companies do not invest in R%26amp;D until they have that first contract. The challenge, is gettign a first client who will pay 50% up-front. When I started my business, I published some articles in trade magazines--that gave me some instant credibility and made my business look bigger than it really was. I found trade magazines eager for submissions.


No comments:

Post a Comment